Remember the scene from ‘Meet the Parents’, when Greg ruins a wedding by flooding the lawn with sewage? That’s a risk your home could face too if you’ve got a blocked drain. Luckily, you can get professional help to locate and remove any sewer blockage. BRC Plumbing & Gas Fitting certified technicians help you with quality workmanship and timely services anywhere in Melbourne. Same day service available.
How do you know your sewer is blocked?
These 5 signs tell you a drain pipe or sewer line is clogged and needs attention:
- Sinks and basins drain slowly
- Toilets emit a gurgling sound after flushing is over
- The water level in the commode does not return to normal but is higher or lower
- There is a stink near your toilet, bath or kitchen sink. If it is a sharp smell, the clogging is severe.
- Drains are overflowing in your yard, suggesting they are choked with rubbish.
What kind of things block my sewer?
- The numero uno cause is rubbish flushed down: food waste down the kitchen sink, things ‘accidentally’ flushed down the commode such as toys, or intentionally, like condoms.
- Fats & grease from kitchen waste especially washed dishes. Fats are hydrophobic, so they line the pipes and attract more filth, not unlike a cholesterol-clogged artery.
- If your sewers are old, they may be made of terracotta (fragile), iron (rusty) or PVC and may have crumbled and blocked the pipe.
- Rubber rings in drain pipes (especially old ones) will disintegrate over time, allowing for mud to seep into the pipe.
- If your pipe is leaking water, it will attract tree roots, that can enter the pipe and break it.
How do I unblock the sewer?
We recommend not attempting any do-it-yourself methods, as the problem can worsen. Instead, please follow these steps:
- Inspect the home or office for potential blockage site (smells, gurgling etc)
- Call for a professional, licensed technician from an agency like BRC Plumbing & Gas Fitting. They can
- Locate the blockage very precisely
- Use drain machines to cut through the blockage
- Suggest preventive measures
- In case the blockage is outside your private property, notify the utility or the council governing your part of Melbourne
How BRC Plumbing & Gas Fitting helps you?
- Camera Inspections: BRC Plumbing & Gas Fitting employs specialist cameras that can look within your drainpipes to zoom into the exact point of blockage, cracks in pipes and sites of leakages.
- Removing Tree Roots: Most old homes in Melbourne and outskirts have legacy terracotta piping, which is easily prone to breakages leakages (that attract tree roots), and damaged rubber rings. If you have the newer PVC sewer lines, they can leak too if not glued correctly. A BRC Plumbing & Gas Fitting licensed technician will break up the roots with a special high-pressure jet machine, remove the debris, and also apply herbicide to ensure the roots don’t come back.
- Collapses and Leakages: Our technicians are trained to identify parts of the plumbing that have collapsed (especially terracotta) or rusted.
- Preventive Maintenance: BRC Plumbing & Gas Fitting offers you reasonable AMCs that help you keep your sewers clear throughout the year, and identify and remove potential blocks due to grease.
- Quality workmanship: All our technicians and other workers have the appropriate licenses, and will give you a signed warranty once the job is done.
- Transparent pricing: Whether it is a preventive plan or an emergency service, anywhere in Melbourne, BRC Plumbing & Gas Fitting offers you an upfront price, with no hidden costs. We charge by the job, not by the hour.
Give us a Call
When you hire BRC Plumbing & Gas Fitting, we will employ the best technology to identify and remove blockages from drain pipes and sewer lines. Our service is prompt and available anywhere in Melbourne and northern suburbs.
Call us from anywhere in Melbourne on 0431 027 238.